Adsorbent agents are powdery mixtures of inorganic adsorbents, metal salts and organic polymers. Due to their porous nature they offer a very large surface; contamination in the waste water can be effectively adsorbed.
Application fields of adsorbents
Adsorbents from the POLY SEPAR AM® range show excellent precipitation and flocculation characteristics. They are employed in industrial wastewater treatment for the removal of unwanted substances, which are normally non-biodegradable.
They are used for:
- COD reduction in wastewater
- Coagulation of latex and paint wastewater
- Removal of finely dispersed colloids and solute organic components
- Treatment of wash waters and emulsions containing surfactants
- Treatment of degreasing baths, for example in anodizing plants
- Reduction of heavy metals
- Reduction of phosphates
- Reduction of surfactants
- Treatment of AOX containing wastewaters
- Treatment of wastewaters in the metal industry
- Treatment of wastewaters in paint production and processing
- Treatment of wastewaters in the paper industry and glue industry
Adsorbents from SEPAR CHEMIE
- Bentonite-based adsorbents
- Highly effective, bentonite free adsorbents
- Dust-free activated carbon – pellets
- Adsorbents with activated charcoal
- Liquid, chloride-free adsorbents for tackling corrosion problems
Adsorbents for electroplating
We especially recommend our adsobents, which are particulary useful in the treatment of electroplating wastewaters for the elimination of:
• Cobalt or other
• Heavy metals
Application and handling of adsorbents
The powder is added directly to the wastewater to be treated while agitating it vigorously. After about 10 minutes agitation time, the product has adsorbed the contaminants and formed stable flocks that can then be removed.
The required dosage depends upon the medium to be treated and must be determined in laboratory tests.
We would be pleased to offer you individual product advice to suit your specific requirements. Please use our contact form or call us at: +49 (0)4102-666-30.
We will be glad to provide consulting services on the required systems technology. Here, you can access our field service.
SEPAR CHEMIE Team
Please contact us should you have any questions.
You could reach us also by telephone or by mail.
This year we have again supported „Doctors without Borders“ and UNICEF with a donation.
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Our Partner Company in Sweden and Scandinavia:
Separ Chemie GmbH | Erika-Keck-Strasse 4 | DE – 22926 Ahrensburg | Phone:+49 (0)4102-666-30 | Email: info[at]separ-chemie.de